Friday, December 05, 2008

1 week of maternity leave. Baby still not out yet!

I am ending my 1st week of maternity leave and guess what.....baby still haven't come out yet. If I know, I just take my maternity leave next week instead. RedOpium said "don't be kemut can or not. You got 4 months of maternity leave ok.." Hehe... Me typical Singaporean, want to reap the good benefits only.

So last Monday I shift in to my mum's place. Even though we don't have our own TV and bathroom to ourselves, I felt safer as there are people around me so if anything happens, you know lah.. I have been going out to Bukit Panjang Plaza I think about 3-4 times this week. Pretty bored at home. Been doing dishes and laundry and also scrub the toilet even though there were protests coming from my husband and my mum. Scared if I fell in the toilet. My cuz said "you crazy ah..!"

I developed rashes on my legs and the doctor said it is hormones. Haha.. Anyway she gave some cream to apply but it is so damn itchy. Been eating a lot of stuff like pesimmons, bananas, plums, donuts, keropok, laksa, mega mcspicy, baked beans, corned beef and buttered toast. Sleepless nights are common nowadays. So jealous seeing RedOpium getting his beauty sleep. My heels are always aching. Love to go reflexology but cost so much. Maybe I should get a few sessions which will be cheaper and I can claim too!

RedOpium is anticipating. Well actually a lot of people are. I think it's because we kept the gender of the baby secret so people are telling us to tell them when I gave birth. RedOpium was saying that I don't look like 9 months or rather 39 weeks pregnant because I can still walk here and there and wash the toilet. Felt good to hear that. I think baby is too comfortable in womb.

Well I guess if by Hari Raya Haji baby don't want to come out, I'm going jalan2 to my grandma house. :-P

No comments: