Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Keeping Sane

How?

How did my mother do it?

How did she raise 3 kids, do all the housework and still maintain her sanity?

I only had my first baby and I'm an emotional wreck. One day I'm feeling overjoy of having Danisha, another day I'm trying not to cry to sleep, another day I'm feeling frustrated, another day I felt that I lost my sense of control. Well the book says it's normal to have these feelings after giving birth. But until when? Until I start work?

I just need to get a grip of myself. Like how it used to be. But it will never be used to be. Because it is all in the past. Now I must embrace a new responsibility - parenthood. I'm coping well despite having all this turmoil. Having my husband and my mother looking after Danisha. It's just that I don't know whether I can pick up myself. Feeling lethargic, sleepy, aches and unmotivated just brings me down.

Enough said. I must tell myself that I will be OK and after all these incidents it will be worth it.

Period.

No comments: